I first saw the movie "Johnny Lingo" as a child. If I remember correctly, my sister watched it at home... This movie became very well known among the young women members of the church where I grew up. I even remember a girls camp lesson about becoming an 8 cow woman... My best friend, J, and I even had to defend this movie against a hay crew of boys one summer....
We had gotten up early and decided that while we ate breakfast we would watch "Johnny Lingo"... As we were sitting there my brother, Cs, and two young men from our stake, brothers, C~ and C~, came walking into the house. J and I were laughing about something in the movie and they asked what we were watching. When we told them they asked questions about why girls like that movie so much, etc. It was funny....
So, as you may be able to tell, I love this movie. I refer to it often and think all young women should watch it.
Last night Mr P and I went to his parents house to watch a new remake of this movie. The same basic story line was there, with a lot of extras. It was a very good movie, I actually really liked it.
However, the original version will always be my personal favorite. You can not replace that film and the stories/activities/jokes/memories that go with it.
So, as a parting note I will leave you with a few of my favorite quotes from the old version:
"Mahana you ugly, come down from there!"
"DO NOT WORRY MR HARRIS!!!"
"Johnny Lingo, he comes, he comes!"
"You will sleep in the corner while the children rob the candy jar"
"You cheat me, you cheat me! She is worth 10 cows, if she is worth a hoof, you cheat me!" (Not real sure on the actual number for that one)
"Johnny Lingo had a cow, traded for an ugly wife, Johnny Lingo's married now, he'll be sorry all his life!"
I hope we all can one day find a man that makes us feel like an 8 cow woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment