Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Discovery...

Well, I had a wonderful time of discovery the other day...
Probably 2 weeks ago I discovered that my 3 year old niece uses a web cam to talk with extended family over the internet... I thought, I WANT TO TALK TO HER!!! So, last week I bought a web cam. I think it was Monday night... maybe Sunday, but I got on there and we (Mr P and I) talked to her and played peek a boo over it (that was a little silly)... She told us about dance classes and her pre-school classes (not sure if it's actually "preschool" but you get the idea), she sang for us, we had a detailed discussion about the pictures of the characters on the "Wizard of Oz" DVD box, etc. Then she asked me (I think because she was reminded by her mom) if I would play twinkle twinkle little star for her on my violin... Let me tell you that no one except My P and my teacher (well, and her parents in the next room) have really heard me play my violin... But of course, my wonderful niece's wish is my command!!! So, I got it out and played... she sang along! (too cute!) Then she started asking me to play all of these other songs she knows (which I would have NO clue how to play)... Instead I played for her the 2 other songs that I am currently working on... and she danced while I played! It was so awesome! It was not as good as it would have been in person, but still wonderful!
I love technology.

No comments: