Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine & Vermont

I had a wonderful time on my vacation! It wasn't until I got back and people at church told me that I "look so much better", "much more refreshed" & "like a different person", that I realized how badly I needed it.

My neice, C, turned 4, she is such a joy!



My nephew, Cy, is 21 months and so loving and adorable! He puts a smile on your face!

We spent the first Saturday I was there in Boston, taking a walking tour. This was awesome, the architecture, the history, the wonderful shops and the Itallian part of town!

(My sister and C with Benjamin Franklin)


(This is the church where Paul Revere hung lanterns to warn of the march of the British in 1775)




One day we drove to Main, shopped in a little port town, Kennebunkport (which is where President Bush, SR has his summer home), and then drove down the coast to a great Lighthouse!



Vermont is a beautiful state! Rolling hills and mountains, changing colors and the birth place of Joseph Smith.


Overall I had a fantastic vacation with my beautiful neice and adorable nephew!

8 comments:

Lyle said...

That picture of your sister with Benjamin Franklin reminds me of when my family was in York, England and there were guys dressed up in old 1700's garb who would allow tourist folk (such as we were) to have our picture taken with them.

I love the picuter of the lighthouse.

carblemarble said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carblemarble said...

Lyle - That was just the case with 'ol Benjamin, for us tourists.

The light house picture is one of my top favorites from this trip. I love how they left the style of the house and the white fence. To get to this lighthouse they use a 'car' suspended on wire lines out to the island, cool!

Soon I will post fall/changing leaf images from the trip, I have a few favorites there too.

Sally F said...

Wow, what a trip! I definitely want to hit New England in the fall one of these years.

Didn't you love Boston? I was really impressed by it when I went there many years ago. How would you compare it to Chicago, since you are such a big fan of Chicago?

I think it's neat that you travel so much. It's the best!

carblemarble said...

Sally - New England was wonderful! I loved going out in the morning and having to pull my sweater up around me neck and being able to see my breath! Fall is my favorite time of year anyway.
Boston was great, I was surprised! The area I was in didn't feel 'big city'.
Chicago and Boston are TOTALLY different! While in Boston I was more focused on the historical value of the city, walking along narrow streets, going into little shops here and there. Very laid back, relaxed.
Chicago is a bit more lively. I spent my time in Chicago going museums, the Madison Avenue for shopping and trying to hurry to catch buses from here to there.
Both are beautiful cities with a lot to offer.
I do seem to travel a lot, I never really thought about it. I go to where ever my sister lives at least once a year and now that I can fly to Chicago so cheaply, I'm sure I'll go there more often. Especially since one of my best friends lives in Chicago and is having a baby next Spring.
Next May my brother will be coming home from his mission in Brazil, he's asked me to go there before he comes home, which I would love to do!
My only complaint is that I am not an international traveler... Oh, how I would love to be!

Cari said...

I've always wanted to visit New England in the Autumn. So beautiful!!!

Sally F said...

I know how you feel about international travel. It's something I would LOVE to do, but it's just a bit intimidating for me.

The way you keep talking about Chicago really makes me want to go there!

carblemarble said...

Cari - Thanks! It was so gorgeous there, I wish I could have spent more time.

Sally - International is a little intimidating, hopefully I can overcome that soon. :)

You should go to Chicago! I love it there. Just the other day my friend told me she turned down an avenue and the street was lined with fall trees, she said "I thought 'Carlye would want to take a picture of this'" . She is so right. I especially love fall urban shots.