Monday, October 13, 2008


At the end of this month, specifically on the day of spooks, I will celebrate my existence and presence on this earth for 25 years. Yep, a quarter of a century! I am very excited about this, but am not really sure why. I have had the opportunity to do and experience many things over the last 25 years. So, I have decided to list 25 accomplishments/experiences from my life!

1 - Birth, ha!
2 - Growing up on a 400 acre ranch without ever breaking a bone or being seriously injured.
3 - Baptism into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
4 - Having friends in many different 'circles'.
5 - Adjusting to a move from Oregon to Arkansas at the ripe age of 14.
6 - Having parents who survived having a 14 year old, teenage, hormonal daughter dealing with a move from Oregon to Arkansas.
7 - Only group dating while in High School.
8 - Having the option of graduating early, but sticking it out.
9 - Because of sticking it out for that senior year, meeting my Mr P.

10 - Getting in to Brigham Young University.
11 - Temple Marriage.

12 - Finding a spouse who is ... well, wonderful.
13 - Keeping great relationships with my siblings.

14 - Gaining wonderful in-law relatives, be it from my siblings spouses or my spouses family.
15 - The Lord blessing me with a chance to do seminary a second time, as a teacher, just 3 years after completing the first time!
16 - Learning how to take photographs and taking lots of great pictures of family and friends (inspired by many great photographers, including KATHY GEORGE!).

17 - I had a GREAT time in Young Women's, completing all needed tasks in the old Personal Progress Program wat the age of 16 years.
18 - Having a way and the means to be there for my friends and family when it's really needed.
19 - My niece, C
20 - My nephew Ch
21 - My nephew Cy
22 - My nephew Ct
23 - Dreaming big and going after those dreams.
24 - Having faith in His plan
25 - Looking a head to 25 more great years!

Okay... so maybe this was a little ambitious. For those of you that know me or have read my blog for a while... help!

11 comments:

Sally F said...

What about learning how to take great photography and taking lots of great pictures of family and friends?

Happy Birthday! It could be pretty fun having a Halloween birthday, did you like it growing up?

carblemarble said...

Thanks! I will add that.

As a kid I really didn't like it, I could never have a birthday party on my birthday. One year, my mom did a right after school, in the gym, skating party. I think that was the best year. As a teenager, my friends and I had a blast. We would get a big group together and dress up. We would then go trick-or-treating, using my 'it's my birthday' justification where needed.

KathiG said...

How about being one of the best girls in Young Women's in the Fayetteville 2nd Ward. ;-))

BTW, all the years we spent in YW's together, I never knew you liked taking pictures that much. I like to think that maybe I might've had a little, teeny, tiny bit to do with that. Did I?? ;-))

carblemarble said...

Of course you did!

carblemarble said...

PS - Kathy, you better invite me to your blog!

KathiG said...

What's your email addy?

carblemarble said...

My first name combines with my married last name at gmail.com

KathiG said...

Okay, Carlye, you have the invite. But I don't exactly update mine that often. ;-))

Melissa said...

Wow, this is easy! How about you have always been such a GOOD friend--always caring, loving, but not afraid to help when you're needed. Thank you for being a great friend to me!

Another one is your extreme willingness to do what the Lord would have you do. You're a great example!

Tanya said...

Hey did you ask my permission to use a picture of my family on your blog little missy?! How great is it that Taylor was also in my belly in that shot.

carblemarble said...

haha. I love it that she was there!