
Lines. People crammed into waiting rooms. Crying children.
This is what I am to endure the next 9 months. The Indian Nation's hospital where we live is quite the interesting place. In the pediatrics/OB area, which are right next to each other, that is the scene.
Now, Mr P and I have decided to go to the Indian hospital, not because it's free (which is a nice bonus), but because we have heard fantastic things about the head of the OB department and another OB that works there. In the area that we live, I have not heard good things about OB's, not even in the other town that is near us. So, Indian hospital it is!
I went to begin my chart, as a non Native- American I must prove that I am married to someone who can go there. All sorts of documentation had to be provided from both myself and Mr P. I think we were there for about an hour, which really was not as long as I thought it would be. We went right up to speak with someone and completed everything in one sitting, very nice.
One thing that gets me... I had to provide 'proof of pregnancy' to be able to start a chart. So, I provided a copy of the blood test that my specialist did. Cool. No problem. I go up to the OB window to schedule my appointment with the doctor and am told that I must now do a pregnancy test with their lab. WHAT?
Ok. A little info, if you don't know, on the Indian hospital. Almost every location/need you go to is a first come first serve. Walk-in. Every day there are HUNDREDS, maybe thousands, of people dropping in for treatment. Once you are set to go, the OB department will make appointments, drop-ins are taken last.
So, to have this lab work done, I must come in as a drop-in to the lab. Fortunately they open at 7:30 AM. I am going to show up at 7:15 and hope to be among the first of those waiting. There is no time frame given on how long it will be. You sit and you wait. Thus far, my only complaint.
My thoughts are that if this is the one time that I am required to do a drop-in and the rest can be done by appointment, even if I still do not get in right away, it's worth it.
Great OB's, quality staff, good care and a happy baby is all I need.
Life is wonderful. A good husband and a baby in August. I am blessed.
ps - a personal congrats to our friends who have a new little bundle of joy coming into the world today, we love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment