Tuesday, September 08, 2015

While here on vacation, my sister took beautiful pictures of my little family. I love them. They capture the joy of my children & the life Mr P and I have built. 

I look at these photos and smile at each face, until I get to my own. I know that person, but her shape - her body - is not one I recognize. 

The years of infertility we experienced were the result of several biological issues my body experiences. One of those is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Common symptoms include: head hair loss, weight gain/difficult weight loss, painful/infrequent menstrual cycles, infertility, skin tags, etc. 

Several of these are symptoms I experience. None of these are things that I can control happening to my body. All of my symptoms are things I work at influencing/overcoming each day.



I have been blessed to have 4 beautiful children, despite my condition & with the help of medical procedures. 

The wonderful thing is that PCOS does not define who I am as a person. 

Experiencing it has aided me in growing to be a better person. 

Just remember, please, that you can not always tell that a person is experiencing health issues by looking at their outward appearance. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are beautiful and I love this open and honest post. We all are fighting our own battles, sometimes without another soul knowing what we are dealing with. To me, this shows strength, and I see strength as another attribute of beauty. Stay beautiful my friend. Ps. Love these pictures!!