Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Life



Some of our very good friends had a baby on Saturday, 11 weeks early. First, all is okay with them. She is very cute.
We are so excited for them and their beautiful new daughter. What a wonderful blessing she will be to them.
There are so many children born to good families who will love and nurture and care for them. There are so many who have no one. How can this be fair some may ask, even myself at times. But them I am reminded of Christ's atonement. And then I want to cry for those poor children who are abused or neglected either through ignorance or cruelty. At times I think that there is something I can do, something that should be able to make a difference for ALL those children. Then humility sinks in as I realize that I am one small person in the world with no resources to help so many. So, what can I do? I can try to bless the lives of the children around me. I can donate to organizations who help those children. I can volunteer, I need to work on this - right now I have the "I don't have time for that" attitude which I know I need to get over. I can help educate others. But the biggest thing I can do, right now, is pray. Pray for the Lord's mercy, pray that the people in these children's lives will help them and care for them. Pray for comfort in knowing that I can not fix it for all of them... Or, maybe I can play a bigger role in it than I think...

No comments: