Monday, January 15, 2007

Greetings from Brazil and Elder Cd

Is there a family resemblance? Can you guess which one is my brother?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going out on a limb here and say, the one on the far left.

Cari said...

I think I'm agreeing with Lyle--the one on the far left. How does he like Brazil?

Lyle said...

My second guess is the one without the suit...which is almost to the far left.

carblemarble said...

lyle - Strike

~cari~ - Strike and LOVES Brazil! Joked that he'd extend another year.

lyle - Strike

Lyle said...

Last try....the one laying down on the job.

carblemarble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carblemarble said...

lyle - You've just won a brand new car! Expect it via next day airmail.
Wait...
Yes, that is my brother. He's a crack up, I can' wait to see him in May.

Lyle said...

Whew! With it being the bottom of the nineth, two outs and two strikes, I was beginning to sweat.

Boy does it feel good! Now I know how Chicken Little felt.

I am the champion. I am the champion ....of the world!!!

Lyle said...

btw...I've only met one missionary out of hundreds who did not like Brazil. It's a great place to serve a mission.

carblemarble said...

lyle - If I could, I would have a song playing... "We are the champions, we are the champions... no room for losers, 'cause we are the champions.... OF THE WORLDDDDD!!!!"

My brother just loves his area, he's on the amazon river and lived in the jungle for 6 months of it. I guess his mission is hard as far as the language goes because the dialect is totally different than the rest of the country.

Congrats again on being the champ.

Lyle said...

carblemarble-what mission is your brother in? I was in the Manaus mission and I saw plenty of the Amazon River. Can't say that I ever got into any of the "forest" dialects though. Oh the fruits that he has eaten and probaly will never see again when he gets home [kinda like Adam and Eve getting to partake of the fruit and then being cast out....].

carblemarble said...

He is in the Belem mission. He said there are fruits and plants everywhere that he has never seen or heard of before.
One of my favorite jungle tales is that one day he climbed a tree and picked some fruit, then cut it open, drank the milk and ate the meat for his lunch.

Lyle said...

The Manaus mission used to encompass most of the Belem mission. I spent my last 3 months on the "Belem" side in a twon called Braganca and finished my mission in the "Belem" mission.

carblemarble said...

He spent the last 4 months in the mission home in Belem, before that he was in Orixima (that was the 6 months in the jungle) and before that in Maratuba, now he is in suburb of Marambaia.